Saturday, July 6, 2013

REVIEW: Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light AND Yes to Carrots Leave-in Conditioner

      After impulsively buying a Groupon for Yes to Carrots ($20 to spend $40 at YtC online store) and realizing it doesn't cover bundled products, I was not pleased. However, this was actually a blessing in disguise, since now I was forced to get only exactly what I want, not just settle for whatever came in the bundles (I love a good deal, what can I say?) Anyways, I remember wanting to try the YtC leave-in conditioner, since I LOVE the original YtC scent. As some of you may know, I'm a little bootleg and like to use just a blob of regular conditioner as my leave-in product, but I decided to spoil myself a little. In the cart it went at $8.99 for a 6 oz tube. 
      The YtC website also featured a brand new product, the Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream. Unfortunately, both options (the Light and Light/Medium shades) were not available, apparently they couldn't keep up with the demand (which I now completely understand why). So I kept the page saved in my browser and checked every day until that fateful morning. I was so used to seeing the ominous grey shade over the product, but that day it had been colorized! A little overzealous, I added 2 to my cart (at a steep $15.99 a pop for 1.7 fl oz). Upon reviewing my cart, I saw that the 2 CC creams + the leave-in conditioner totaled to almost a perfect $40. I paid the $5 shipping and eagerly awaited the arrival of my choicest eco-pretty products.
      Boy, YtC did NOT disappoint! The leave-in conditioner smelled exactly like the original scent, which I can't get enough of (YtC products do not actually smell like carrots, its rather hard to explain, it's a little powdery, natural-smelling and sweet, it's like nothing I've ever smelled but I love it). The tube instructs you to use a quarter sized blob, which I thought would be reasonable since my hair reaches just a few inches above my rear. Nope, that was a little much. I probably should have factored in how thin and limp my hair is. I now use less than a dime's worth and am left with soft, smooth, and wonderfully scented locks.
      The CC cream is awesome as well. Just by looking at the bottle, I was afraid that the Light color was actually too dark (I'm not even that pale, especially in the Summer!) However, with it being a CC cream, it's not really meant to give full coverage. I applied a full pump's worth to my fingers (which is surprisingly A LOT) and rubbed it in. At first I thought I had applied too much, since it wasn't soaking in, but within minutes the streaks subsided to reveal radiant and even color. The coverage is light enough that you can still see the freckles across my nose (I'm certainly not looking to cover those up, I love them!) but the redness from blemishes and uneven skin tone were corrected. Overall, I would definitely buy both of these again, which is a rare feat for me.

OVERALL SCORE: 
CC Cream - 8.5/10
Leave-in Conditioner - 9/10

INGREDIENTS: 
CC Cream: Zinc Oxide (3.2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propanediol, Coco-Glucoside, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract*, Moringa oleifera seed oil, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Phenethyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Isostearate, Hydrated Silica, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum*, Disodium Carboxyethyl Siliconate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Trihydroxystearin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. *Certified Organic Ingredient

Leave-in Conditioner:WATER (AQUA), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA CERA) WAX, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL, MACADEMIA TERNIFOLIA (MACADAMIA) SEED OIL*, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, LEUCONOSTOC/RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) EXTRACT*, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT*, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT*, IPOMOEA BATATAS TUBER (SWEET POTATO) EXTRACT, SPIRULINA MAXIMA EXTRACT*, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT*, HONEY EXTRACT*, MACROCYSTIS PYRIFERA (SEA KELP) EXTRACT*, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, TOCOPHEROL, GLYCERIN, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID, DIHYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BORATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT

2 comments:

  1. I just picked up the CC cream today and tried it on right when I got home. I'm already in love! I have combo to oily skin and my skin drank it right up! I love how natural it is but blurs out my redness. :)

    ReplyDelete